Sunday, November 25, 2007

Delaney Holliman Lightroom Presets


Presets are awesome because they give all our images a consistent look. Right now we have five different people in our Production Group who can color balance and edit images in our studio. I’ve mentored them all to color balance with the same “voice” and the presets help to ensure that no matter what team member color balances an image they do it with our style. Our presets are a big part of that.

Take Sepia for instance. For some people, it’s the bomb. They Sepia everything. They love that old look. For me, for some reason it’s like scratching your nails on a chalk board, or seeing someone wear spots and stripes together. Both can be painful. Wow! Look it’s Sepia! Eeeww! ;)

We do have an “Antique” preset I created for that once in a while (or once in a lifetime) that it really does work, but sometimes something gentler is better. What we love to use more often is a preset we call “Brown Tone.” The Brown Tone preset is a black and white photo treatment with a touch of warmth.

Yummy! We have presets for different import treatments, basic presets for fundamental color work and creative presets when you want to get funky.
We have over 40+ presets that our team uses on our images here at my studio.

I’ve had people express interest in our presets and want to purchase them for their own use, so I thought I’d make them available. If you’d like to use them with your own work, I’m making the available to you for $39.95 in our online store. That's less than a dollar per preset.

Click here to see some examples of how the presets work.

Click here to purchase the presets we use in our color balancing process.

Enjoy! And make sure and let me know what you think!

No comments: