Sunday, November 25, 2007

We have a new D300!


They shipped out Thursday and Friday we added a new D300 to our studio. We were one of the first studios in Georgia to get one and have been on the waiting list for months. We're actually still on another waiting list for a 2nd body!

I have been testing this camera out for a couple of days now and I wanted to let you know a little bit about my experience so far.

First, I am in love with this camera. It focues extremely fast even in low light situations and the noise at low ISOs is really amazing after using the D200s for so long.

Adobe already has Lightroom 1.3 out so we can start working with these images right away.

I have been using the amazing Cannon 5D for a while now and it has great low light capabilities and the color is just beautiful. Cannon had the edge on Nikon with noise, but now, Nikon is now just as good, maybe even better, but I'll have to shoot with it a while before I make that call.

I strongly suggest if any of you guys are looking for a great camera to do portrait, wedding or even commercial work, that you consider the D300!

Here's a great review on the D300:

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond300/

No comments: